Sunday, December 23, 2007

BaiturRahman


From a distance while I was in the car, the vision of this Mosque made my heart sank. I dont know why. The last time I saw the picture of the mosque was during the tsunami tragedy. Somehow, the mosque survived during the Tsunami. It is one of the building which was not destroyed unlike the surrounding area. A unique design consist of Persian and Turkish architecture. It has 6 dome, that could make it special and spiritual. I dont know the reason behind the 6 dome. I will find the history about it.

The moment we parked the car, I felt it was like a dream come true, perhaps dejavu. I always wanted to go to this mosque. There is something special about it. I dont know how to describe . Although, in history the mosque was built by the Dutch during the colonization period, as a gift to the Acehnese, this mosque had become a National Mosque and also a symbol of faith. Alhamdulilah, we managed to perform our friday prayer in this mosque. It was beyond our ability to describe the feeling of praying in this amazing mosque. A mosque stand for more than a decade, act as a shelter during the turbulence of nature and conquered fear with the faith of Allah.

No comments: