Saturday, April 17, 2010

Habib Sheikh al Habsyi


This is Habib Sheikh al Habsyi, a munsib of al Habsyi from Hota, Hadramawt, Yemen. He is 91 years old. He was born in Singapore in 1919. He used to stay at Geylang lorong 33, near the Masjid Khadijah which was famously known back then as Masjid Bagharib. In 1939, his dad migrated with him to Hadramawt. He shared with me his experience with the late Mawlana Abdul Aleem Siddique and Mualim Shaykh Omar bin Abdullah Bagharib. Alhamdulilah, hes able to return to Singapore and he was indeed happy to be back again for a while. Although he have been living in Hadramawt for many years, Singapore is still in his heart.

The day before he left for the haul of Habib Muhammad bin Salim al Attas at Masjid Ba'alawie, I managed to meet him at Habib Abdul Kader bin Ali al Haddad house. He gave me ijaza of kitab Risalatul Jamiya' written by his late grandfather Habib Zain bin Ahmed al Habsyi. Then before I left the house, he said words that really touches my heart to the extend I cried inside my heart. He said whenever you attend any kind of majlis especially the reading of Yasin, dont forget to include my name and make doa for me too. Finally, he make doa I visit him at Hadramawt one day. Indeed a man of God, have a look that soften the hardended hearts. They speak the language of love and embrace humanity just like their Greatgrandfather Prophet Muhammad s.a.w. may Allah bless him, always


(This is me with him taken at Masjid Riyadh, Solo)

No comments: